Monday, November 22, 2010

Colin Firth Talks Movies, Kids & Cussing

Colin Firth's much anticipated new movie, The King’s Speech, has just been slapped with an R rating because of some hard language and the actor isn't too pleased about it. Firth has an outburst of profanity during a pivotal scene in the British film, which tells the real-life story of King George VI’s efforts to conquer a disabling stutter.

Firth says he doesn't mind the language, and the R rating will prevent kids from ages 13-18 from seeing an important film. "As a father of small children, the context I would like to keep them away from is when it (the 'f' word) is casually used," he said, speaking of his two sons, Luca, 9, and Matteo, 7. "I find that almost as disturbing. I love football and I take them but I have to wrestle with myself because what they hear there would make a sailor blush.


"I don't relish those words or my children hearing them, so I'm not judging people who don't like the words... But, in the film, it isn't used in a vicious, sexual way."But Firth makes it clear it's the parents' choice. “I’m not saying, ‘Bring your kids to hear the F-word.’ If people don’t want their kids to hear that, it’s their right.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment